Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve Disaster


So we almost ended up in the ER on Christmas Eve. As I was walking out to our car with Isabelle in my arms, I slipped on the ice. I tried to grab her in time, but she fell forward and her face took most of our fall. These photo's don't even compare to how she looked right after the incident. Her top lip was so swollen, she looked like she had just finished a boxing match. I felt like a horrible mother and thought for sure that we were going to end up in the ER on Christmas Eve.



We ended up being very lucky. She did not loose any teeth or break them off and other than a bunch of scrapes and some bleeding, she didn't have a concussion either. I am very grateful for that. Although she screamed for an hour, she ended up being in pretty good shape. She looked a lot worse than she was. From the sound alone, you would have thought that she was dead. It was horrible. I cried just for the fact that I felt like it was my fault and that I should have been more in control. I realize that I couldn't have done anything, but as a mom, you just can't help but feel like crap. So in the end Disaster averted, but not a fun time either. I would have taken some photos right after it happened, but I felt like that would have been mean. These are two days old, so she's healing quite well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she biffed it. That sux.

Our Pratt Pack said...

How can you live in Nh for 3 yrs and then slip on ice in Houston? jk I'm glad everything was ok

hillary said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we were in Utah for the accident. Yeah, no ice in Houston, that's for sure.