Saturday, December 1, 2007

NEW HOUSE!!!! LONG POST




Another one of the kitchen just for fun.



My new bathroom. Love the tub!!



The shower also rocks. We did it extra big and added the waterfall shower head.




Another view of the bathroom. I also love the slate!



My bedroom.







It's not decorated yet, and we don't have matching bedding. We'll get there someday.



Jer in his new office! Glad to get all that crap off the kitchen table!



Entry. It's a big long hallway, don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.



This is a pic of the dining room, before it was finished. It looks a lot different during the day. We also have blinds in those windows now.



Dining room at night, with flooring.





Kitchen and living room are connected, so here is a half and half view.



Living room view, from the kitchen.



Breakfast table area, Izzy's high chair.



Ok, my pride and joy!! The kitchen. Love that Island!



The media room. Nothing in it yet.



Game room, before it was finished. It doesn't look much different now, just now plastic on the floor.


So that's it. Our new house. We are very happy with it and very comfortable. I can't believe I'm actually writing this from Jer's study and not our kitchen table. It's crazy. I think the thing I love the most is our dishwasher. Next would be the laundry. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you the details. It's just much nicer and easier, we'll leave it at that. So basically we have four bedrooms. One is right off the main entry and it's a guest bed with it's own bathroom. Next down would be the master and then right off of the kitchen we have two bedrooms and a bathroom. It's great for little kids cause all of my bedrooms are on the main floor. I like that feature a lot. Upstairs we have a small game room and media room. Eventually I would like to turn the game room into a kids play room, but Isabelle doesn't stray to far from me, so that's a ways off. My favorite part of the house is my kitchen. I love the Island and it's great fun to use all the high tech appliances. I also love our shower. It's really cool and we did that on purpose. It turned out way better than we thought it would. Isabelle has been having sort of a hard time since we moved though. Our first day here, she tripped on the front porch and got a bruise/cut on her forehead. Then within about two days of that, she decided to defy gravity and fell off the couch onto my wood floor. Yep, you guessed it she hit the exact same spot on her head. So then to top it all off, today she was playing with Jer and he threw her onto our bed a little too hard and she hit her head again. I'm not even kidding, the kid looks like we took a baseball bat to her head. It's so sad. I felt so bad for the poor kid that I even started crying. I wouldn't have taken it so hard if she hadn't already hit her head twice before. I keep on thinking that at any minute someone is going to call social services on us. It's kind of scary!! I'm sure that once we have been here for a while, she will figure things out. She keeps going up the stairs or climbing on the fireplace and then she whines at us because she can't figure out how to get down. She just hasn't ever had to deal with all of this crazy stuff, so it's been a bit of an adjustment for her. Overall though, I think she is much happier. She loves to explore and check out all the new stuff. She even thinks the washer is really funny. We bought one of those front loading machines and when you first start it, it spins for a min and then stops and then it starts spinning again. Izzy thinks it's pretty funny, I'm not quite sure why though.




Well, I'll let all of you get back to your own lives but so far so good for the Harrison's. We are very blessed and very happy in our new home!!













7 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, Hill! That is GORGEOUS! How exciting for you guys! Love your kitchen and I can't wait to see what you come up with for all the decorating. It's nice to see what there is to look forward to pos-law school!

Nicole said...

Wow! That looks like a great house, I am really happy for you. It makes me excited to get our own place someday.

The Gordon Clan said...

What a beautiful home!!! I bet you are loving it! So, the shower thing made me laugh because you have been so bugged by your awful showers, so I'm glad you have a big nice one now. And, your kitchen is so nice! That's so sad that Izzy has had a rough few days, but she will get used to her new home soon. Enjoy your new home!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys that house is AWESOME!! I love it all! I can't wait to have a house someday... I'm jealous! You'll have to post more pics when you get the chance to decorate!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I love the dark would and beautiful counter tops and the appliances. And the tub - well, lets just say that if I had that tub, Matt would never get me out. I'm glad you're so happy in your home. After a lot of years, you sure deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Well I am a mit angry!! I am 47 and you have better furntrue then I do. I think I will make Ralph go to law school. Can't wait to see it for real. I am getting all kinds of ideas so tell Jer I will be visting alot! and by the way I did not see my room. Look's Great!

Love Mom.

heidirees said...

It turned out beautiful!! I'm glad you guys are getting settled down there. I'm sure you'll be much happier now. And those Houston summers won't be so unbearable...just really expensive for electricity! Congrats!!