Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Weekend in Dallas









Last weekend we went to Dallas. Jer's firm was having an attorney retreat there and since it's only four hours away, it gave us a good chance to visit with our good friends Heidi and Nate. I also have to thank them for letting us spend the night. It was a lot of fun and our kids had a great time playing together. The firm put everyone up at the Ritz, so Isabelle and I played stow away and joined Jer for one night. It was a really nice place, the first picture is of Izzy eating a grilled cheese on a really nice chair. I felt kind of bad about letting her get greasy food everywhere, but it's still a hotel and they don't have highchairs at the Ritz. We did get to go swimming in a fun pool, but I felt a little out of place with the strobe lights and techno music all the while holding my toddler. Here are a few pics of the kids playing together, they were really cute together and Logan was so cute to include Isabelle and even hold her hand. Heidi has a much better camera than me, so she has all the really good pics, but you get the idea. Thanks again Reeses Pieces for the birthday party and fun weekend. It was good to see you guys. Hopefully next time we'll be able to take advantage of the sweet media room!

7 comments:

The Gordon Clan said...

Holy Crap...they have a sweet media room in their huge mansion too? Did you know that they have a special room just for tornatos? That place is seriously huge!

heidirees said...

It was so much fun to see you guys. I am seriously surprised at how good the kids played together. I'll burn a CD with the pictures on it and mail it (hopefully within the next little bit). Remind me if I forget.

Jeremy said...

What Hillary didn't explain in her post was that while I was out at an attorney-dinner, she managed to rack up $70 on room service. How do you do that? Maybe she ordered "entertainment" to get back at me for not taking her to Strong's.

Too bad I can't ethically justify letting the firm pay for 2 meals within the same few hours.

Hillary also has notoriety with the firm because she ordered a $90 lobster tail on the firm's tab from Vic and Anthony's in Houston. I still get comments about that from my colleagues.

Thanks, Hill. By the way, we're having Top Ramen for the next 3 months to pay off all your extravagant spending. Seriously. Noodles. And that's it.

Katie said...

HAHAHA I love your husband's comment.... THAT is the Hillary that I know all too well!!! hehehe Me and your mom would talk about you so much when we worked together at Cabela's. HAHA You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

I think Scott has huge mansion envy.

It was great having you guys over...and not just because you brought Woody's (which is almost gone).

I hope that lobster was good. If I worked with Jer I'd give him crap for that too...but I still wouldn't blame you for ordering it. How much money does the firm save on Jeremy just on alcohol alone? I hope you got dessert too.

Tyler and Kilee said...

Hey! Thanks for hopping over to my blog and for the advice :o) I might just have to try it if this baby doesn't come in the next little while! I was watching your cute videos of Isabelle and they are so cute! Her dimples are to die for! So cute!

Cortney Clegg said...

Don't worry Hillary- Nate quit taking me out to lunch with his corporate card. Top Ramen isn't so bad. :)
thanks so much for letting Asher use your carseat- it was gonna be ridiculous to rent one and a hassle to bring ours. I heard about some of the cute stuff you picked up for Tessa's shower- it'll be fun! I've got some decent games planned...my mom vetoed the fun/scandalous ones. :) oh well... Did you need help with anything else? You've been so sweet to help out with everything.
I bought some unfiltered organic apple juice...lets hope it works!
See you in a couple of days!