Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Couches.....again

Old Couch




New Couch




We've been quite busy around here, so due to the lack of posting I thought I'd fill you all in on what we've been up to. Well, two Sundays ago Jer decided that he hated our couch and thought it was very uncomfortable. I agreed, but have been wanting to take it back since we bought it because of the massive size....it takes up my entire rug and I really like the rug. Jer wouldn't let me send it back in the beginning, I guess it took him four months to figure it out. Anyway, we put it on Craigslist Sunday night and the next morning I had around 10 different offers, it sold the next day. Since then, we've been sitting on an air mattress which by the way, Izzy loved. We finally got our new couch delivered today, so I'm happy that we aren't on the floor anymore. Some of you may like the old one better, and in reality it really was a very nice looking couch, but it was really big and very uncomfortable. I have also decided that I prefer leather with kids, it seems they tend to spill things even when sippy cups are specifically designed to prevent that sort of thing. We are very happy with the new purchase and as soon as we get some other items (coffee table, lamp, throw pillows and some extra seating on the opposite side) it will be in even better shape. Well, I've also been painting so that post will be next.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

So purdy! I like it! New furniture is always fun, but it's such a pain to shop for. It always takes forever! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Katie said...

Your house looks so nice!!!! My husband and I kinda want to get out of Utah as soon as possible so we can live a little cheaper... not much, but just a little! Houses are so expensive here, it's ridiculous! I love the south too.... I don't know if Trent would ever move south... but we'll see! :) Glad you sold your couch though!!!! It did look good, too bad it was uncomfortable!

Unknown said...

Hi there

I'm a stranger happening traveling across your blog. I love the music you put on the blog. Thanks, Stephanie

Iva said...

The new couch looks very nice and comfy! It's good to know that leather couch is better with a little kids. I can't wait to see what are you going to do with the rest of the room!

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

I think we have almost that same rug in our entry way and that same ottoman. I love the ottoman it is the perfect size for Jack to play all of his toys on and for Cohen to stand up next to. I know, I know not exactly what they are designed for but with kids do we really have a choice?