Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Artist







OK, so I wasn't fully paying attention to my child today, (so really it's all my fault) but here's what she did to occupy herself.


Lucky for me it was done with a beautiful shade of pee yellow highlighter, so it was quite easy to clean off with a little Windex. Also, thanks to the leather, our chair is back to it's original color of brown. This little girl did quite the job redecorating pretty much my entire living room from every wall to the shutters and even the direct TV box. She even managed to color her potty...inside and out. As I opened her potty to examine the damage on the inside, she let out a long and drawn out "Ah Ohhhh" Almost in a taunting sort of way. I guess that was pay back for being on the computer. Nice one Iz. Later, after just getting this mess cleaned up, I found her sitting on her potty, taking large sips of milk and spitting it onto the floor. I guess today was a time out day!!
I must add that she snatched this highlighter right out of the office while I was on the computer, now that's one sneaky kid or one zoned out parent. From now on all computer time will be spent at night or during naps....lesson learned. Oh and these are only a few of the walls, it was everywhere, including all over her legs and shirt!

5 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

oh no!! is this what i have to look forward to?? :) oh well...at least she is cute to make up for it, right?

FishinFamily said...

Let the games begin! Welcome to the terrible two's, and get excited...three is even better. :) I love the top picture with the popcorn bucket on her head. She is so cute!

Melanie said...

I think it must be some sort of rite of passage ... they all do it! (At least mine has ... many times). And seriously, even when you think you are paying attention, they still manage to get things by you. Good luck with 2 years old!

Katie said...

That's awesome!!!!! At least it was highlighter and it came off pretty easily! Could've been much worse right? I'm sure you're a GREAT parent... she just must be like her mommy!

Cari said...

I know how you feel, Ethan's into that too, he finds pen and writes on everything. He wrote all over my glider & ottoman with pen and it won't come out. He can reach pretty much everything on our counters now and is constantly grabbing the pens & highlighters. Little stinkers. Sounds like you had a fun time with your parents- San Antonio is such a fun place. I'm jealous you get to live in civilization ;)