Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sworn In


Last night we went to Haynes and Boone for Jer's swearing in ceremony. He was a bit disappointed that Judge Hughs couldn't do it, however at least he is an official attorney now. No more school and tests. In fact, since he already passed the patent bar as well, he really is done with tests for good. YIPPEE!! That sure takes the load off. I can't believe that it's really over. I remember thinking that he would never be done with school. Looking back, it really was a long six and a half years but it was all worth it in the end. It just seems so weird to think that he is really done. I was talking to a good friend of mine last week, (who's husband also passed the Texas bar!!) and I was telling her how weird it is to finally feel like real people. You get so used to living in a dorm room and being next to poverty level and it's really weird when all of the sudden things change. It's not a very gradual change either, which makes it even more weird. It's like one min you are poor and then the next min, you can buy a house. It's just crazy. Very good though, very good!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

We can't wait for that day to come for us too! It's got to be the hugest relief ... I can't even imagine at this point! Congrats to Jer! And to you and Izzy for being there through it all too!

The Gordon Clan said...

Congratulations on being official Jeremy! I too can't wait until we reach that point. It must be surreal and wonderful!

Nicole said...

I am so glad you found us! Congratulations on all the good news. Izzy is so cute, I can't believe it has been so long since I've seen her!