Saturday, January 5, 2008

NH VOTE MITT!!


Ok, since this man is not my Dad, father-in-law or grandpa I would just like to say, I want him for my president. I am a big Mitt fan and would like to encourage all of my NH friends to get out and vote Mitt. I'm sure it will be cold and possibly you are all tired from dealing with kids and such, but I feel strongly enough about this to post it on my blog. You need to vote. Please talk to all you can tomorrow at church and urge them to get out there and support him.
Normally I would encourage you to vote, but I feel so strongly about voting for Mitt, that I wanted to share my recent Internet experience with you. So if you know me well, you know that I am very political. In fact I've just added glennbeck.com to my site. I love politics and feel that it is my duty to vote for the things that I believe in. Also, my husband is in a high tax bracket now, so it's essential for me to stop anyone who wants me to pay for their universal health care bill. I won't name names, but as far as I'm concerned Hillary and I only share the same name. It ends there.
So as I have been searching the Internet, checking the polls and what not, I've found a entire web base of different blogs and sites that are not only anti Mitt, but are anti Mormon. I've never been one who checks out the anti Mormon crap, but when you Google Mitt, your in for it. Some I click on, just because I'm curious about the headline or the picture that's attached. I don't really know where to start with all of the crap that has been posted, but let me just say that it's amazing to me how my entire demeanor changes when I leave those sites. It all started when I was searching for a picture of Mitt to place above this post. I wasn't planning on this being so long. I was only planning to put a small message about voting for Mitt on the page, however I soon found myself in a tailspin as I tried to find the right photo.
I clicked on a picture of two missionaries standing on the side of the road in New Orleans, each holding a book of Mormon, with Marti Gras beads hung around their necks and kissing each other to top it all off. Again, since I'm new to this anti Mormon thing, I made the very big mistake of clicking on the photo to figure out the authenticity of it. Well, the pic was not there, but a long fake interview with Mitt was the result. It wasn't the stupid made up Mitt answers that bothered me, it was the comments that were posted at the bottom. It seems that it's just OK to talk about Mormons like they don't count. I feel like shouting, "What is wrong with you people, would you really say stuff like this?" If we were talking about a black person, Al Sharpton would be all over that and someone would be fired in the end. It's just so sad.
Unfortunately, it didn't end there. I had the guts to take on another anti M blogger. This site was all about out false doctrines and basically how if Mitt is elected he will follow Gordon B. Hinckley over anyone. Meaning that President G wants Mitt to take over the country. Honestly, are people just stupid, or am I taking crazy pills. I know, I know, these people are far left or right and they are anti to begin with, but it's irritating nonetheless. I was so mad while reading these blogs and their so called "truthful comments" that I found myself becoming just as mad as they were, only it was directed right back at them. I wanted to comment so bad and something inside just kept on telling me that it wasn't worth it. The old don't throw your pearls before swine kind of thing.
Alas, I came to my senses and figured I needed to stay out of the anti blogging world for good. It causes too much contention within me and makes me really angry. (Just what you know who wants). I decided to go right to the source and pull a photo off of Mitt's official site and forget about Google. I started by clicking on the photos and then went onto the blog that's been set up by his five sons. Honestly, I cannot even tell you what it did for me. I went from total contention to ease. Looking at the photos of their family and how happy they all are just reaffirms my testimony. Then I saw the photo of Mitt with his latest grandchild. It melted my heart and I thought, here's a guy that no matter what any idiots say about him, he gets it. I feel like if you are setting up an entire blog or web page devoted to tearing someone down......well, that's just not what Jesus would do. I know that they think we are Satan and all, but come on, really, that's your argument against this guy? I bet if you said that about any other group in this country they would look at you with disgust and think you belonged to the KKK. Not so for Mormons though.
It saddens me and at the same time, I think it makes my testimony so much stronger. I realize the opposition and can't believe that others don't see how hypocritical these comments and accusations are. It's kind of hard to give your testimony over the world wide web, so let me just end by saying, VOTE MITT. Tell your friends and get out there if you can. If you just plain don't like the guy or his policies, fine you don't have to vote for him. But let's stop this madness and stand up for what we believe in. I'm sick and tired of taking a back seat.
I also did not intend for anyone to vote for Mitt because he's Mormon. I just got a little heated because of all the trash talkin I've heard. Vote Mitt because he's the right guy for the job!!
Sorry this was so long, I guess I just had to vent. Thanks for reading if you did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing I think is funny is that the people (crazy evangelicals)worried about Romney taking directions from the LDS church ignore the facts, first, he has never done that in his past political positions, second, the LDS church believes in being subject to a righteous gov't (not the other way around), and third, Mike Suckabee actually granted murderers clemency when certain pastors encoraged him to do so.

I'll admit that I grow tired of ingnorant people calling radio talk shows saying that mormons believe...(insert untrue crap that your paid minister taught you to retain your attendence).

However, don't vote for Mitt because he's mormon. Vote for him because he is by far the most educated and qualified candidate. He's created multiple fortune 500 businesses, reformed insane government entities, etc. Further, he's done this while being a great father/husband and still takes the time to perform numerous acts of christ-like community service.

I'm with ya Hill, I almost want to fly to NH just to vote for him (Heidi still has the NH drivers license...might not be a bad idea).

Melanie said...

It's so weird actually being in a state that has some political pull and I'm excited! Though, tragically, am still undecided as to who I will vote for.

However, I have to commend you for sharing some pretty deep beliefs here. A few weeks ago, I read an article, and subsequently, a whole talk Elder Ballard gave at BYU Hawaii a while back and have actually been meaning to blog about it because it was so good. You should check it out at http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/using-new-media-to-support-the-work-of-the-church
(Long link, I know. You can find links to the talk on lds.org if the link doesn't work). Anyway, basically, it talks about the power of the written word, and the power of what he calls "new media" -- like the internet and blogging. He urges the students to use it, and use it for good.

Sorry this is so long -- like I said, it could be (and probably will be for me still) an entire blog unto itself. Anyway, I have a friend who shares very deeply her testimony on her blog, and I remember taking her as inspiration to actually say something spiritual on my blog for the first time way back when, and it's totally scary! But it gets easier (not to say that I share nearly as much as I could or even close to what she does. I'm working on it). Basically, you are right, and we need to use things like blogs and the internet to produce and support positive media about the Church. Read the talk. It's seriously so good.

So thanks for sharing something spiritual and so personal, Hill!

Jeremy said...

A common characteristic of the anti-Mormon approach is to use sensationalistic terms and concepts to make the LDS faith appear to be strange and eerie. Their objective is to paint the LDS faith as the alien, horrible, powerful, and evil empire positioning itself to literally take over the world. (Sounds like Star Wars Episode 3, I know. What can I say; it sells.)

While we all see this type of sensationalism all around us from anti-Mormon authors, bloggers, and radio show hosts, it still amazes me that they are willing to stop at nothing, IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, to attack and injure the LDS faith.

May we find it in our hearts to pray for and forgive these people, as Christ has instructed us: To love them, bless them, do good to them, and pray for them (Matt 5:44).

heidirees said...

I too agree that anti mormon people really are saturating the internet these days. I will read some of the political blogs sometimes and it really amazes me what these people are saying. My biggest problem is they say horrible disprespectful things and claim to be these perfect Christ like people. It just doesn't add up to me. But, oh well. I really try not to put too much stock in what anyone thinks.

But, I have to say, that I also really like Mitt Romney. I think he has great qualifications to correct the things that need to be fixed in America. So, I hope that people will support him in any way that they can.

The Toronto Family said...

we support you! Since we are military we state our place of residency and we choose NH because that is where we just moved from and because they have no income tax...anyway- back to the point. Will got to vote by mail and well maybe it is not my place to say but he voted for Mitt!!!!

Rachel Durazzani said...

SO BUMMED TONIGHT! Let's hope for better and brighter days in MI and SC.