Wednesday, January 23, 2008

And then there was Blood!


Yes, that's her snot glistening in these pictures




Today Isabelle had a nasty fall. She seemed to be lost, but I found her hiding behind the couch. I asked her what she was doing, but said it before I got to her. The next thing I knew, all I could see was her little body flying towards the floor. At this point I wasn't sure if she had jumped off the couch or just tripped. I picked her up and held her for a second, then as I pulled her away from me I noticed that she was bleeding everywhere. I think it really freaked her out because she kept on putting her hands up to her mouth and then looking at the blood. All of this was accompanied by screaming. By the time I had her sort of calmed down, we ended up with a bloody rag and a ruined sweater, but no broken teeth....Thank goodness. Once again she is boxer Izzy and has the fat lip to prove it. I figured out later that she was behind the couch pooping, hiding as kids of her age tend to do. I think that I startled her and as she went to run away from me, she tripped. Later, I had to cut the very large piece of skin that was hanging from her top lip. She was very hesitant to let me, but cooperative in the end. Seriously, this kid scares me. She fell head first off the couch about 20 min before this incident, but only cried for a second on that one. I guess the rug was there to shield her. She still hasn't healed from her last fall at Christmas time.....I'm thinking, SCAR

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Poor kid! Glad the teeth were saved, that is the first thing I check for when Bella falls. She is one tough girl.

Jeremy said...

It seems like my kid is prone to smacking her had on things. Out of all body parts, it's the ole noggin' that takes a beating.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that but glad she's okay. My niece just last a tooth from a similar fall...she's not even 18 months so I'm glad Izzy is okay...despite all the blood and a ruined sweater.